8/18/11

New Blog Header...Yes It was FREE!

I was trying to redo my blog header a week and a half ago, and I didn't like what I did to it at all...in fact, I know I made it worse! But anyways, I was trying to search for correct sizes and possibly how to make a good header without the use of photoshop - since I don't have PS - and I came across what you now see above from the website you now see below:

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/03/05/blog-headers-for-free-download/

I think it looks great! Of course, you are entitled to your own opinion about it, and you can also make a joke that it looks like the beginning of "The Simpsons" on FOX. Yeah, I just saw that, but putting that aside, it's great and will work out well until I go super custom and make my own blog header - that is nice to look at of course.

So there ya go, a few totally free, "unrestricted use" blog header designs. Free. Haha okay, now I can feel good about my next few posts! I'm very excited to share my favorites from my cousin's Senior Portrait photo-shoot from last Friday. It was a busy weekend in New York, but now we are back in sunny Florida and I edited a big handful of photos so far today. So stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I like the new header!! What a great find!

    If you do end up wanting to make your own at some point, one good (sort of low tech) option is Picasa. You can create a collage of any size that you'd like, then add text, etc. Definitely not as many options as Photoshop, but it's super easy to use. I've also heard of people using Piknik to customize their header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why Google made me publish your comment - maybe you are spam! haha but thanks! I never knew you could do stuff like that in Picasa - I guess I only had it on my old laptop and didn't really use it that much, so that explains why I wouldn't know about it. I'll have to give it a shot when I get motivated.

    I think you're ready for a custom graphic - I mean you're so pro now or logo! I do like your header though.

    ReplyDelete